There was an attempted bank robbery next door to my workplace yesterday. Around 3pm, one of our regulars who works at Citibank on Solano Avenue opened the door of the cafe and shouted, "The bank's getting robbed! Call 911! Get everyone inside!" We proceeded to ring the cops and usher everybody in and lock the doors. There were foolish people trying to peer outside through the windows, but after I warned them of the risk of getting shot, they stood on the other side of the counter. It really amazed me that while something dangerous was going on, everybody was still concerned about trivial shit like cashing their checks or wanting to move their cars to avoid a parking ticket. I mean, do you really want to possibly lose your life over a $30 fine? I just don't understand people sometimes...
I've had a really good week so far. On Sunday, I ventured to Green Gulch Farms in Marin county to attend an organic flower gardening class. I took home sunflower, melon, marigold, and zucchini seedlings. I'm hoping they'll be patient enough for me to plant them in a week or two.
After two really good job interviews, I'm just waiting for a call back on Monday or Tuesday.
My brother is moving out of my mom's apartment, which means I'll get to move in. That's the biggest relief I've gotten since I've arrived. It feels good to know that I'll have my habitat in one place for a while.
While all these good things are falling into place, I can't help but feel a little sad too. I feel like this is really the beginning of something possibly permanent. I'm scared to let my roots sink in deep into the rocky terrain of my Californian life because I really don't like the idea of being far away from my fantasies and endless possibilities. Now is the time for action, but I'm not sure what the definitive course of it is.
Song of the Moment: "Siren Song" by Bat For Lashes
No comments:
Post a Comment