Since I said goodbye to somebody this past week, there hasn't been one day when I haven't felt that stark lack of companionship echoing like a dropped porcelain bowl clattering sharp against brick.
But in all honesty, I've never been as happy as I have been in the last month. Melbourne was the defibrillator my heart longed for. I love Australia and I can't wait to come back as soon as I can. It may not be the same once I feel the absences of people whom I've shared beautiful memories with, but nevertheless, there's so much I still have to do and see.
This trip became everything I could have ever hoped for. It has been one of sheer contrasts; never before have I had episodes of brave self reliance followed almost immediately by unwavering insecurity, or better yet, how the very places that I've WWOOFed at could not be more different from one another. The skills I've learned from each of them have been remarkably varied and I couldn't have planned it better. Life gave me a few good kicks in the ass but followed them with optimal stages of healing and growth. Everything has been unwittingly allocated in its perfect place and time, no matter how much I tend to doubt so.
Song of the Moment: "Ghosts" - Laura Marling
No comments:
Post a Comment