Thursday, February 18, 2010

Seven

The days have been tip-toeing smoothly and I'm feeling like the pace is finally just right for now. By this time next week I will be in Melbourne airport marinating in eagerness and excitement while I pass the time until my arrival in Tasmania. Considering I haven't been on the road in quite some time, I'm starting to feel a little nervous and worried that I'll over-pack again. It's a bad habit of mine, one that tends to slither in and go unnoticed until zippers are stretched to their limits. The great thing is, since I'll be weeding and shoveling horse shit around most of the time, I can't possibly convince myself that hoarding a treasure trove of eyeshadows and jewelry is totally worth the "one time I totally wish I had it". Hey, maybe I'm getting better at this... maybe its just a matter of time before I ditch my stuff and learn to be more resourceful. Although, I don't know how I feel about having less than 5 pairs of socks... I guess that why sandals are appealing for people whose feet never get cold.

My tongue has healed well from my frenectomy. Its definitely a bit miserable when you can't enjoy something as lovely as food. Now that it's thankfully over, I'm getting used to my tongue constantly moving and flexing. I guess there are new bits of muscle that have never been mobile and are now free. I didn't really notice for a few days but after a close call with a tooth, i've been more careful of its whereabouts. With luck, my R's will be rrrrrolling in no time.

No comments: