Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm totally stoked on having some days off! The Christmas ritual is lost on me but I will not pass up the chance to enjoy stuff and do something fun and liberating. Hopefully some sun, bike, beach and books will be in order. I'm being cheap so nobody gets presents from me this Christmas, but believe me, the money is going towards a good cause.
Next port of call: Hobart, Tasmania!

I'm also in the process about writing about orcas. Don't wonder why I'm such a nerd, just acknowledge that killer whales are fucking awesome and we can get on with it.

But before I finish I'll share a vegan avocado and butter bean spread/dip recipe I made up yesterday.

3 avocados, mashed
1/2 tin of butter beans (approximately 1 cup) mashed
2-3 Tablespoons extra-virgin flaxseed or olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves finely minced
5 basil leaves finely chopped (about 10 cilantro/coriander leaves can be sustituted)
salt and pepper to taste

No comments: